MarthaStewart.com April Daily Give-Away Sweepstakes
NO SUBSCRIPTION OR PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR TO RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
5. The total ARV of all Daily Prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes collectively is $1,874.00. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winners. No substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize by the Entrant, is permitted. In the event a stated prize from PartyLite is unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If a prize is unavailable, a gift certificate or alternate prize for PartyLite in the amount of the stated ARV of the unavailable prize from PartyLite will be provided. The ARV of each prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by PartyLite, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Gift certificates are subject to terms and conditions of use. Limit one (1) Daily Prize per household.
6. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Potential Daily Prize Winners will be notified by U.S. Mail on or about May 15, 2014 and may be required to execute and return a Prize Verification Form and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a potential prize winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a prize winner is ineligible, or a prize winner declines a prize, that prize will be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received for such random drawing. If a selected potential prize winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, that potential prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received for such random drawing. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. Reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state, and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the individual prize winners. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of,Entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR, ADMINISTRATOR/PRIZE PROVIDER RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a prize winner based on an e-mail address, the winning Entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address at time of Entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential prize winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the Entry.
8. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant and prize winner: (1) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agrees to release Sponsor, Prize Provider and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; (3) consents to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledges that Sponsor, Prize Provider and the Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Sweepstakes at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Sweepstakes or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Sweepstakes’ security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in Sweepstakes and disqualify Entries if such individuals (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final. The Prize Provider is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York, and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New York County.
9. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant and prize winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Provider and the Released Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (f) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or entrants receipt, acceptance, use &/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall Sponsor, Prize Provider or the Released Entities be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor, Prize Provider and the Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor, Prize Provider and the Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize winner(s), including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor, Prize Provider or the Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s, Prize Provider’s or the Released Entities’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor, Prize Provider and the Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, Prize Provider or the Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor, Prize Provider and the Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
11. WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the prize winners, available after April 30, 2014, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by June 2, 2014 to: Consumer Marketing - MarthaStewart.com April 2014 Daily Giveaway Sweepstakes, 601 West 26th Street, 9th floor, New York, NY 10001. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners List.” Sponsor will not release any other detailed personal information in response to such requests. VT residents do not need to affix return postage for Official Rules requests. Do not send Sweepstakes Entries to this address.
HAVE A QUESTION? Write to us at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Attn: Consumer Marketing Daily Giveaway Sweeps, 601 West 26th Street, 9th floor, New York, New York 10001.
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Media and Merchandising.
Copyright © 2014, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.